Digital opportunities at NPR range from development to design to product management – and everywhere in between.
Whether you're crafting the beautiful experiences of NPR Digital products, building the cutting-edge infrastructure that brings NPR's content to millions of people, or collaborating with our award-winning journalists, you'll be working with some of the best talent in their respective fields.
We know many organizations are vying for your skills. What's different about us? At NPR, you'll work on fascinating, important products that directly contribute to our mission of creating a more informed public. Pretty cool.
More perks of our digital jobs include:
- More than 35 million unique visitors visit NPR's digital platforms each month, enjoying NPR.org, the NPR News headlines app, and the NPR One family of listening experiences. Millions more visit the platforms we build for NPR Member Stations around the country.
- We work on an exciting range of platforms. From smart speakers to mobile apps and podcast platforms, we believe our stories should be available where and when our audience wants them. You'll have a wide variety of opportunities to show your work to the world.
- We're an Agile shop, provide formal scrum training, and use tools geared toward rapid development. We believe in working in public, and we take a transparent approach to sharing our work.
- We're diverse, lifelong learners, enjoy lots of Tiny Desk Concerts (which take place just a few yards from our team), and read omnivorously from the NPR headquarters' giveaway bookshelves.
- We put down our official projects for several days each year to hack and think on fun and interesting projects during Serendipity Days.
- We celebrate our diversity. This celebration goes beyond the diverse names of our reporters, and is built upon the foundation set by our founding mothers.
- We're located in the NoMa neighborhood of downtown Washington, D.C., close to a great range of restaurants, retail, and culture (Union Station, H Street Corridor, Chinatown, and Union Market).
- We're a friendly bunch and expect the same from you.
Click here to see our current job openings.
You can also follow our digital product teams on Twitter at @nprdesign, @nprtechteam and @nprviz; on Medium at NPR.codes and NPR.design; on GitHub at NPR Tech and NPR Visuals; and Stack Overflow.